Student Ambassador Mission
The aim of the Society of NECI Student Ambassadors is to establish a network of informed and influential individuals from across all NECI programs that will represent the highest ideals of the institute, fellow classmates and its alumni. The Society of NECI Student Ambassadors is an honorary club that invites highly motivated students from each Mod, 2 through 6, to serve as a dedicated public relations and peer leadership team. Ambassadors take great pride in NECI and strive to show this in all that they do.
What do Ambassadors do?
Student Ambassadors work in direct partnership with various departments to help in the recruitment of future students and represent NECI in various functions such as campus tours, orientations, speaking appointments, school fairs and community service events. Events include the Culinary Classic, Taste of Vermont Legislative Reception, Scholarship Fund Golf Tournament, Graduation, luncheons with visiting chefs and distinguished guests, phone-a-thons and much more.
How much time does it require?
Student Ambassadors must complete a minimum of six hours of service to NECI each term in addition to attending regularly scheduled training sessions and leadership retreats. Every effort will be made to accommodate each Ambassador’s class schedule and work load.
Each term, faculty instructors and members of the administration review students within their Module and select candidates who possess the qualities of a NECI Student Ambassador. Of those invited to apply, four students from each Module will be granted membership to the Society of NECI Student Ambassadors.
- Candidates will demonstrate strong communication skills, self-awareness and knowledge of the various programs at NECI.
- Candidates are positive in their attitude about NECI and uphold high standards of professionalism and leadership both inside and outside the classroom environment.
- Candidates will possess a strong work ethic and effectively manage their time between academic work and extracurricular activities.
- Candidates are looked upon as role models and do not have any behavioral warnings or outstanding fines.
- Society of NECI Student Ambassadors Handbook.
Want more information?
Email Student Services