The NECI Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization serving students of New England Culinary Institute.
NECI Scholarship Fund is a Vermont non-profit corporation organized to provide scholarships for students who attend New England Culinary Institute. Nearly 80 percent of students receive some kind of scholarship aid. The NECI Scholarship Fund grants financial awards to motivated, deserving students who could not otherwise attend the college.
By donating to NECI Scholarship Fund, Inc. you can:
- Provide qualified New England Culinary Institute students with tuition assistance;
- Strengthen NECI Scholarship Fund for future generations of students; and
- Offer a student an opportunity to attain career and personal goals which might not otherwise have been within reach.
An investment in a student through NECI Scholarship Fund offers some of the best long-term return potential imaginable. NECI Scholarship Fund not only helps to forever change the lives of students attending New England Culinary Institute, its benefits ripple through entire communities for decades and generations to come. Your help to encourage these food industry leaders of the future is needed.
Management of the Fund
The NECI Scholarship Fund is governed by a volunteer board of directors. The directors and officers of the Fund receive no compensation and administrative services are donated by New England Culinary Institute. Your tax-deductible gift goes to providing student scholarships — no service fees or administrative costs are deducted.
The Board of Directors awards all scholarships based upon need, aptitude, prior experience and the student’s secondary school or post-secondary record. The greatest weight is given to financial need. All applications for scholarships are made through the Financial Aid Office at New England Culinary Institute. Students who successfully complete their first year of studies are eligible for continued support.
There are two ways you can donate:
- General Fund: Contributions to the general fund are combined with others and awarded to eligible students. There are no limits on amounts contributed to the general fund; they can be as large, or as small, as the donor is comfortable giving.
- Restricted Fund: The minimum contribution needed to create a Restricted Fund in a name of your choice is $25,000; however, donations can be made to an existing Restricted Fund. You may also make a pledge, and with payments over time, create a new Restricted Fund. Please call Phil Harker if you care to explore these options.
Named Funds currently include:
Daniel Day Guthrie
Giving to the NECI Scholarship Fund
Give a gift of a lifetime that will allow someone to follow their passion. Make your tax-deductible contribution now.
Donations by check should be made out to NECI Scholarship Fund, Inc. and mailed to:
NECI Scholarship Fund, Inc.
7 School Street
Montpelier, VT 05602-3115
Consider other ways to support the NECI Scholarship Fund:
- Contribute appreciated securities or real estate.
- Name NECI as a beneficiary of a retirement plan, trust or life insurance policy.
- Establish a Charitable Gift Annuity that provides you with a lifetime income.
To discuss any of these options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 802-225-3200.